Save Your Precious Time With The Swiftest Trains In India
“Sometimes a train comes flashing past,
With many windows lit by many lamps
That dance and whirl with movement swift.
A marriage procession with music loud,…”
In this poem, the poet Humayun Kabir had beautifully stated all the imaginations that are reflected in our minds regarding a train. In India, trains are not just a mode of transportation but they are the bearer of emotions and stories. Even the very word train brings back haunting memories of the Indo-Pak Partition where trains were used at large to send people to and from Pakistan. Trains are as if poems that run deep in the veins of every Indian. And this is precisely why you will read about the top 5 fastest trains in India.
Being “The transport lifeline of the nation” Indian railways is the fourth largest railway network and eighth-largest employer in the world.
Why travel in the fastest trains in India?
- To state, there are several reasons why you must travel in these fastest trains. Whether you are a citizen of India or a foreigner, travelling in an Indian coach will be a fine and memorable experience for you. The journey, outside views, the rumbling sounds, and diverse people, all make the train journey worth remembering for a life time.
- Consumes less travelling time: these fast speed trains will help you to reach your destination within the stipulated times. The service is awesome and you can reach faster as compared to the other trains.
- Cheaper than flight fares: it is true that the flight fares are way more expensive than the train fares. Trains can be availed easily by all and that too with the best comfort offered by the fastest train in India.
- Provision of the pantry: the canteen provision is an added perk. You need not worry about carrying food from home while travelling in one of these best trains in India. The food served is of A-grade quality and they even have a palatable platter of many dishes and cuisines.
- Heritage of India: as compared to the local trains, these high-speed trains have more fan following. Not only are they more secured to travel in but also are a part of India’s heritage and pride
The top 5 fastest trains in India
The Ministry of Railways has been making remarkable contributions and progress since the past decade. With the inauguration of the following trains, the entire concept of high-speed trains in India has changed for the better.
Vande Bharat Express aka Train 18 (New Delhi-Varanasi)
This top speed train is also known as Train 18 and it halts only at Kanpur and Prayagraj. Some of the features would be:
- Luxurious travel
- Air-conditioned chair car
- Barely takes 8 hours to travel from Delhi to Varanasi
- New Delhi to Varanasi- Rs.1,760 per person in the air-conditioned chair car
- Executive chair car is priced at Rs.3,310 per person
- New Delhi to Kanpur Central and Allahabad Junction in AC chair car is Rs.1,080 and Rs.1,385 per person respectively and for executive chair car it is Rs.2,085 and Rs.2,725 per person, respectively.
Gatimaan Express (New Delhi-Agra)
This is a superfast express train that takes 105 minutes to cover a journey of 200 km.
- The train fare is 25% more than the normal ticket fare of the Shatabdi Express
- It has 12 state-of-the-art coaches
- Also provides Executive Class and Chair Car
- Catering facility is available
- An 8-inch LCD is also fixed behind each seat
- Multimedia facilities
- Chair car is fully air-conditioned and the fare is fixed at Rs.690
- Executive Class will be Rs.1,365
New Delhi- Bhopal Shatabdi Express
This is the third India superfast train that you can travel in. It was inaugurated in 1988 and happened to be the fastest train in India till 2016 when the Gatimaan Express was introduced.
- AC coaches
- Complete protection and safety of the passengers
- Pantry is available
- Clean washrooms
- Rs.2415 per person
Mumbai- New Delhi Rajdhani Express
First introduced in 1972, this is the fourth fastest train in India. It has a record of running at 19 hours and 5 minutes to cover 1385 kilometers.
- Presently, it takes 15 hours 50 minutes
- Bedding is available
- Food is provided
- Rs.2,725 for AC 3 tier
- Rs.3,825 for AC 2 tier
- Rs.4,730 for AC 1 tier
Sealdah-New Delhi Duronto
This non-stop train runs in the Grand Chord route between two cities Sealdah to Delhi.
- Affordable charges
- Comfortable journey
- Stops only at Dhanbad in Bihar and Chandauli and Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh
- 3 tier AC Rs.2,060
- 2 tier AC Rs.2,870
- 1 tier AC Rs.4,830
More about the fastest trains in India
Here is a table that will justify the fact that these are indeed the fastest trains in India:
|Trains||Speed||Runs on these days|
|1. Vande Bharat Express aka Train 18 (New Delhi-Varanasi)
|130 km./h||Five days a week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday|
|2. Gatimaan Express (New Delhi-Agra) (India’s fastest train speed)
|160 km./h||Operates on 6 days a week except on Friday.|
|3. New Delhi- Bhopal Shatabdi Express
|91 km./h||All seven days of the week|
|4.Mumbai- New Delhi Rajdhani Express
|89 km./h (55 mph) (average including halts)||All seven days of the week|
|5. Sealdah-New Delhi Duronto
|91.13 km./h||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
The trains form an intricate part of travel and communication in every country. Most commoners travel by trains on a regular basis for
- School Students
- College Students
- General Travelers
- Daily Workers
- Office workers
This list of high-speed trains in India will surely help you to make your travel plans with ease. According to the timings, you will also be able to fix your itinerary. The guarantee of the service that they promise is genuine. So, wait no longer and have a lovely journey with your near and dear ones.
Yes, there are many trains in India which run across the country and the above list we have given five trains do you want to add more trains on the list let us know in the below comment sections with details we will definitely add if you found this list useful share it with your contact list cheers!