The borra caves located on the Ananthagiri hills of the Araku Valley of the Visakhapatnam district in Andhra Pradesh is a beautiful place to visit in South India. This is one of the hotspots of South India tourism. If you are traveling to Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and not visiting this place, then it will be a sheer loss on your part. You will thoroughly enjoy this historical site.
Every year, thousands of tourists visit this place just be appreciate the age-old formations. All over the year, there is a rush. People of any age will love it thoroughly. You will forever cherish the visual treat which you will derive by visiting this place certainly.
A visitor-friendly location
The borra caves are situated at a very convenient place which can be reached at ease.
- If you are coming from Visakhapatnam directly then you can avail of the only passenger train in that route.
- The route covered by this train arrives from Visakhapatnam, through the beautiful tunnels and hills to reach Borra Caves.
- You can easily take any other means of transportation to visit this place. Traveling to this place is very feasible in a car or a cab.
- The beautiful Borra Caves are exactly located in the Ananthagiri Mandal of the Visakhapatnam district in Andhra Pradesh.
- These caves are one of the largest (naturally made)caves in the country.
- The beautiful caves are located at an elevation of 1400 metres above sea level.
- The location of these beautiful caves makes this site a splendid and awe-inspiring tourist spot.
The mind-blowing and fascinating historical background
The borra caves are very interesting! It is an iconic historical site to visit. The caves have lived through the sands of time. When you will visit this place you will realize that it has lived through so many rulers and their reigns.
- It is believed that the borra cave’s history is pretty interesting.
- The caves are believed to be as old as the Araku river.
- It is said that in 1807, the caves were discovered by the British geologist Sir William King of the Geological Survey of India.
- The discovery of the caves is almost 150 years old.
The best-suited timings
The borra cave’s timings are very flexible for the visitors. The borra caves timings
- 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Monday to Sunday
You will need almost 2-3 hours to complete your touring of the entire Borra Caves area. However, this spot is open round the year. You can visit this place when there is a vacation in your children’s school or you can take an off from your office or have been planning a family holiday for a long time. This is a perfect place for a weekend trip with your family and children
Cheap and affordable entry fee
The borra caves entry fee is not very expensive and you can easily afford it. The expenses would include the following:
|Rs.60/-||per person for adults|
|Rs.45/-||per person for children|
|Rs.25/-||for phone cameras|
|Rs.100/-||for digital / still camera|
|Rs.100/-||for video camera|
Make a one-day getaway to the Borra Caves
You must visit the borra caves in Vizag because it is one of the most enthralling tourist spots in India.
- The caves not only from the outside look attractive but the interior also looks very beautiful.
- The lighting done on the inside adds on to the beauty.
- If you an adventure lover or a traveling freak then you must definitely visit this spot.
- The visit to this place will be certainly a life-changing experience for you. The memories which you will carry back from here will no wonder be the best.
The best place for an excursion
The Borra Caves are well-suited for excursions. If you are a school student who needs to travel for the field projects then you can definitely come to this spot for the excursion. There is a lot of information that you can gather which will help you in doing your projects. This place is safe and secured and students can do their work peacefully. There will be a lot of fun and frolic besides work as well.
If you come here with a travel agency then you need not worry about food and lodging. All the arrangements will be made by them. This can be similarly tried by the college students who need to go for fieldwork. If the Borra Caves suit the option then it must be surely tried out.
The attractive specialty about the Borra Caves
There are a variety of special facts about the borra caves in Vizag. Some of the most striking features are:
- The Borra Caves are one of the longest and deepest caves in India.
- The caves cover around two square kilometers of area in total.
- Visitors can walk around for .35 kilometers.
- The caves refer to the structures of the Middle Paleolithic culture.
- The Borra Caves were formed as a result of the flow of the Gosthani River on the limestone deposits.
- These caves are known for the breathtaking stalactite and stalagmite formations.
- Some of the awe-inspiring formations inside the caves are Shiva-Parvathi, Rishi’s Beard, Mother-Child, Crocodile, Human Brain, Tiger, and Cow’s Udder.
- The old caves are still standing strong and this is also made possible by the Visakhapatnam Tourism.
- The maintenance of the Borra Caves, therefore, attracts thousands of tourists each year.
The Borra Caves are a beautiful gift of nature for us. It is the duty of every tourist who visits this place to maintain its cleanliness. The beauty of this place must be preserved in every way possible. You should visit this place to experience it with your own eyes. You will be dumbfounded by seeing the creation of nature. Any person of any age can visit it. Since the borra caves, the entry fee is not expensive so it will not hit you hard or prevent you from visiting this site. You will thoroughly enjoy and cherish these moments throughout your life.
*Also make sure you wear shoes to walk around more places in the caves.