Do you wish to enjoy the sea spray by dipping your feet deep into the sand? Do you want to inhale the salty wind by holding the hand of your better half? If you are uttering YES to the above questions, then consider Andaman and Nicobar Island Places to visit for your next trip.
There are several places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands that will make you speechless. From Radhanagar Beach to Ross Island, there are plenty of tourist destinations highly preferred by travelers.
Top 5 places in Andaman that you must explore
- Radhanagar Beach: Radhanagar is one of the beaches in Andaman, where tourists are allowed to take a sea bath. The wide and white sand beach is mesmerizing. The blue wave splashes will crawl towards your knees, and you will feel like absorbing the soothing sunrays silently.
- Ross Island: Ross Island is one of the prominent islands in Andaman. Here the tourists can enjoy the wilderness from a stone throw distance. The wild deer, peacocks, sambars roam around the tourists without any fear. However, you are not allowed to feed anything to these animals.
- Baratang Island: To reach Baratang Island, you will have to cross a check post on the way. The checkpoint clearance takes place from 6 AM to 9 AM; hence it would be better if you leave Port Blair by 4 AM. At the check post, you can get refreshed and have light snacks from the nearby stalls.
After crossing the check post, the tourists will experience dense woods surrounding the road. If you are lucky, you can spot Jawaras(Native Tribes of Andaman) in this forest. However, you are not allowed to take photos or offer food to these Jarawas.
When it is about Andaman and Nicobar Islands Places to visit, you must not miss Baratang Island, as you will get to experience the splendid limestone cave and mud volcano.
- Wandoor Beach: To experience utter silence, visit Wandoor beach with your partner. This beach is considered the most when it is about places to visit in Andaman for honeymoon. Here you can enjoy the calm sea waves that come up with a romantic ambiance. Rest your head on your partner’s shoulder, and enjoy fresh coconut water from the local sellers. A peaceful place for newly married Couples
- Cellular Jail: Cellular Jail is a must-visit place in Andaman. The British government constructed this jail during the colonial rule. No wonder, this is a historical spot of immense value. The British government planned to keep the young fighters in Cellular jail so that they receive no clue of the contemporary situation of the nation.
Many freedom fighters got severely punished, tortured, and others were hanged to death. Visit this place to absorb the inexplicable pain of the young blood that is mixed in the air. The jail authority arranges a light and sound show every evening. Buying tickets and witnessing the story of inhuman torture that once executed to weaken the strength of Indian freedom fighters. The show will give you goosebumps. No wonder, Cellular Jail is one of the well-known tourist places in Andaman and Nicobar Island.
Amazing activities that you can enjoy at Andaman
- Scuba diving: Do you want to dive deep into the Indian Ocean and experience the silent underwater world? Scuba diving is one of the most adventurous activities that you must encourage. You will get to experience various shades of marine life. However, Scuba diving has nothing to do with your knowledge of swimming. Steps to follow for scuba diving,
- Form fill up: You will have to fill up a form before you initiate scuba diving.
- Wear the diving suit: Next, wear the diving suit for a better underwater movement.
- Training: Before diving deep into the ocean, the trainers will give a 45-minutes of training.
- Water scooter: You can enjoy the fun of water scooters at different beaches.
- Mangrove Kayaking: At Baratang Island, you undergo the adventure of kayaking with your partner.
- Banana boat: If you are with your friends or family members, you must not miss the thrill of banana boat riding.
- Parasailing: Parasailing is an exciting adventure that will allow you to experience the jaw-dropping beauty of the horizon.
- Snorkeling: If you are scared of diving deep into the ocean, then you must try snorkeling.
How to reach Andaman?
To reach Andaman, you will have to book your air tickets to Port Blair. You can also choose the waterway, but it will take more than a few days to reach the islands. Hence Airway is always the best idea to reach this destination. From Port Blair, you can hire local cars to reach your hotel.
Key reasons to visit Andaman and Nicobar islands
- Pocket-friendly: Trip to Andaman is always pocket-friendly. You can enjoy the white sand beaches and deep blue waves.
- Ample of locations: In Andaman Islands, there are plenty of locations for the tourists. Starting from Havelock Island to Neill Island, the tourists will get tired of exploring every location.
- Friendly ambiance: Andaman is a part of India; hence, you will experience familiar behavior from the locals.
- A safe place: Andaman is safe. No matter if you are planning a family or a solo trip, you can roam around without any tension.
Best time to visit Andaman:
As the weather of sea beaches always remains the same, you can visit Andaman anytime. However, try to skip monsoon to avoid stormy weather. Else, in summer, the scorching heat will not keep you energetic for hours. Therefore, from October to February is the best period to explore Andaman and Nicobar’s famous places.
Essential things to carry while exploring Andaman and Nicobar
carrying below things will make your trip more comfortable and convenient
- Back open shoes
- Light-colored clothes
- A map of Andaman
To conclude, if you are planning to explore this outstanding tourist destination, make a list of the noteworthy locations concerning Andaman and Nicobar Island Places to visit. Point out the famous spots and gear up for the trip. and don’t forget to visit above mentioned places.